Brighter Beginnings Learning Center
Brighter Beginnings Learning Center's
JOB TITLE: Child Care Aide
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Staff
Assist in the implementation of daily program activities. Ensure a safe environment and age/developmentally appropriate activities and staff/child interactions. Engage and participate in all activities with the children. Maintain the safety of the children at all times.
- e 21 years old or older
- Meet state requirements: High School or equivalent as defined in COMAR regulations manual
- Staff with less than an AA degree in early childhood education are required to continue formal education and training requirements (actively working towards CDA)
- Attend a staff orientation for Brighter Beginnings policies and procedures. Understand all guidelines/policies.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to sit, stoop, run, climb, stand and actively participate in activities related to the age of the group
- CPR Certification, Child Abuse Prevention Training, First Aid, Fire Safety, Sexual Harassment Prevention, Water Safety, Hazardous Materials Training and Emergency Procedures Training.
- Satisfactory State and Federal Background Clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal, FBI)
- Medical evaluation completed within six months prior to date of hire that indicates a clear Physical and a clear TB screening
Failure to attend staff meetings and trainings, maintain training hours, develop and adhere to the professional development plan and enroll in an approved accredited educational program will result in termination.
- Assist the senior staff with the planning of the curriculum through attendance at team teaching meetings monthly. Prepare and implement daily age/developmentally appropriate activities. Follow the guidelines for age appropriate activities.
- Oversee the safety and location of all of the children in your grouping. Adhere to small group ratio/set ups as described in the guidelines for small group interaction. Follow ALL guidelines and procedures set forth by Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Child Care regulations.
- Actively participate with the children in all activities. Ensure proper clean up and maintenance of all materials. Maintain the guidelines for appropriate verbal interactions at all times. Ask open-ended questions and maintain an active role in the children’s play time.
- Maintain sensitivity and patience with the children and parents and provide care to meet the individual child’s and families’ needs. Maintain confidentiality at all times. Follow guidelines for proper verbal interactions with children and families when discussing children with parents.
- Notify senior staff/site supervisor/director of any personal or programmatic problems. Maintain paperwork (time cards, parent communication, incident reports)
- Attend all necessary trainings and staff meetings.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Attend Staff Meetings and Trainings
· Know the mission and be able to apply it to your job responsibilities.
· Read the guidelines in order to be knowledgeable in the procedures, and approach to early childhood education.
JOB TITLE: Pre-School Senior Staff
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Site Supervisor/Director
Plan and implement daily program activities and curriculum for assigned classroom. Maintain program quality in accordance with all State guidelines and Brighter Beginnings program policies. Ensure the safety, well being and age appropriate instruction of all children in your care.
Senior Staff member working with infants and or toddlers must be 19 years old or older, and meet the following criteria:
· A high school diploma, a certificate of high school equivalence, or courses for credit from an accredited college or university
· 6 semester hours or 90 clock hours or their equivalent of approved pre-service training, or hold the Child Development Associate Credential issued by the Child Development Associate National Credentialing Program
· 9 clock hours of approved pre-service training in communicating with staff, parents, and the public
· 1 year of experience working under supervision primarily with preschoolers in a licensed child care center, nursery school, church-operated school, or similar setting, or as a registered family child care provider caring for preschoolers; or
· 1 year of college, or a combination of experience and college that together are equivalent to 1 year
· The individual holds an associates or higher degree with approved courses in early childhood education
· The individual qualified before July 1, 2008, as a child care teacher in a preschool center and has been continuously employed since that time at the same or another preschool center; or
· Has been approved as a teacher by the Department for early childhood in nursery school through third grade.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, run, climb, and actively participate in activities related to the age of the group
- CPW, Child Abuse Prevention Training, First Aide, Fire Safety, Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Water Safety, Hazardous Materials Training, and Emergency Procedures training
- Attend a staff orientation for Brighter Beginnings’ policies and guidelines.
- Clear Physical (every year) TB screening (every year)
- Satisfactory State and Federal Background Clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal, FBI.
Please send applications to [email protected]
or Fax resume to (410) 297-9070
Please click on the picture to download
an employment application.
All employment applications must be submitted to
Mrs. Vanessa Williams